CONFLICT OF INTEREST POLICY
The Guild makes decisions that are in the best interest of the members and the Guild. Avoidance of conflict of interest is a legal responsibility of members of the Executive Committee.
· Members will not derive personal benefit or appear to benefit, financially or otherwise, directly or indirectly, from any actions or decisions made in relation to the activities of the organization
· All members must disclose any actual or perceived conflict of interest.
· The Executive Committee will determine if a conflict exists.
· If a conflict is determined to exist, the member who declared the conflict will abstain from any discussion and decisions made in relation to the issue.
· All declarations of conflict of interest are documented in the minutes.
· Failure by a member to disclose a conflict of interest will be addressed by the Executive Committee.
· If the Executive Committee determines that a conflict of interest exists, the Committee will determine what corrective action will be taken.
Approved January 2020