CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY
All members and guests of the Mississauga Quilters Guild are entitled to be in an environment where they are treated with dignity and respect. The Code of Conduct clarifies the basic standards of behaviour expected of all members of the Guild.
The Executive Committee of the Guild will:
- Ensure that meetings, workshops and other Guild sponsored events are held in safe and healthy environments.
- In good faith, comply with all federal, provincial and local legislation and regulations.
- Act responsibly and in good faith consistent with the Guild’s purpose.
Each member of the Guild will:
- Consider the best interests of the Guild and all its members consistent with the Guild’s purpose.
- Protect the Guild’s assets and use them responsibly.
- Treat all members with respect, integrity, fairness and openness.
- Maintain an environment that is free of all types of discrimination and abusive, harassing or offensive behaviours.
- Respect the confidential nature of some of the Guild’s business.
- Comply with all policies established by the Guild.
- Any member or guest of the Guild who, at a meeting of or event sponsored by the Guild, feels harassed or discriminated against, should report the incident to a member of the Executive Committee.
- The Executive Committee will investigate all complaints regarding questionable, abusive, offensive, harassing or unethical behaviour and take appropriate action.
- If a member is found to have behaved in a way that is contradictory to the Code of Conduct, he/she shall have his/her membership revoked.
- Any member whose membership in the Guild is revoked is entitled to receive a refund of dues (prorated) and any deposits.
Approved January 2020